Robert and I are always talking about passion — particularly when it comes to passion that entrepreneurs have for their businesses. Over the last few months, we’ve interviewed business entrepreneurs who truly exude passion in everything they do. In fact, they eat, sleep and breath their business. In BusinessCast Podcast #88 – A Business Passion Play, we sat down with Paul Chato — President of Your Web Department and member of the hilarious Canadian comedy troup the Frantics — who is passionate about his business because he sees it as a tool to re-connect entrepreneurs with passion about their business! Paul provided some keen and entertaining insights as well as a handful of very unique ways for tapping into and extracting passion about business. This podcast will make you laugh and think! Enjoy!
After speaking with Paul, we asked ourselves, “How is that people lose passion for their business?” After all, why have a business unless it energizes and inspires you! So, we spoke to a number of BusinessCast Podcast listeners and fans and came up with a shortlist of reasons. Here are the top seven reasons why entrenpreneurs lose passion for their business:
- Frustration with the time, effort and expense required to have customers understand the benefits of products/services
- Keeping pace with rapid fluctuations in product/service development and marketing costs
- The inability to consistently anticipate costs and revenues accurately
- Losing touch with customers’ demands
- Experiencing turnover of key staff
- Spending considerable time and expense recruiting and hiring staff
- Feeling the burden of needing to control every aspect of work
But, hope is not lost if your passion is waning. We address many of these issues head on other episodes of the BusinessCast Podcast.
Finally, read 12 one-and-a-half page stories of how entrepreneurs with passion solved today’s most common business challenges .
BTW, if you want to see Paul in action, here are a couple of classic Frantics skits from YouTube –