This archive contains links to all of the BusinessCast Podcasts. Please keep in-mind that:
- The shows are organized with the newer ones at the top;
- Clicking on a link will open an online player; and
- Subscribe Now to the BusinessCast Podcast at iTunes.
126. Investing in Innovation – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sit down with David Ceolin who shares with us key criteria and processes for evaluating entrepreneurs and their innovative ideas.
125. Starting and Growing Your Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sit down with Mary Aitken, founder of Canada’s premiere women’s networking club, Verity. Mary is one of Canada’s true business success stories — having built a vibrant club, a world-class restaurant, a spa and a luxurious hotel.
124. Buying Technology – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I get the inside story about how entrepreneurs should evaluate, select, purchase and integrate fundamental business technologies from Samsung’s expert Marco Nalli.
123. Crisis? What Crisis – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I gather insights from crisis communications expert, Dr. Allan Bonner.
122. Smart Book Smarts – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I review three leading-edge practical business books that are just “hitting the shelves” in late 2009/2010. The books will help you address core challenges such as: (i) selling to senior executives; (ii) inspiring your team; and (iii) tapping into the newest generation of business innovators.
121. Entrepreneurs In Action – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I are official media once again! This time it’s at the 7th Annual Business Networking Night — where we find out how up-and-coming entrepreneurs are successfully tackling their most difficult challenges.
120. The Guy Kawasaki Interview – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sit down with one of the World’s foremost entrepreneurs and advisor to budding entrepreneurs — Guy Kawasaki.
119. Penetrating New Markets – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I discuss how Tony Lourakis, CEO of Complete Innovations, successfully penetrated new markets.
118. Green Trends in Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sit down with Rob Colman — Senior Editor of Green Business magazine. Rob shares with us what he sees are the latest trends in “greening businesses” and the opportunities that presents for entrepreneurs like you.
117. Family. Business. And, Wealth – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I explore one of the core challenges for every entrepreneur: ensuring wealth is created and sustained. To do this, we sit down with Thomas Deans, author of the truly practical, insightful and widely-acclaimed book, Every Family’s Business.
116. Business by Inspiration – Part 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sit down with P.R. and networking professional Jennifer Beale to get her take on key business lessons and tap into some of her inspiration.
115. Business Trends – Part 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I review the importance of keeping on top of business trends that span industries with McKinsey & Co’s Partner Sascha Ghai.
114. Success by Association – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I continue to delve into the many roles that business groups play in entrepreneurs’ success. This time we sit down with The Toronto Board of Trade’s President and CEO, Carol Wilding.
113. Overcoming Common Sales Objections – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. The most effective way to tackle sales objections is to “play out” scenarios. That’s why Robert and I ran through the most common sales objections with award-winning sales guru Warren Coughlin. See this episode’s blogpost for additional resources.
112. Greening Your Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Should you green your business? Should you do it now? Where do you start? We sit down with Grass Roots Store President, Rob Grand to gather some key insights.
111. Business by Association – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Have you ever wondered if you should get involved in a professional Association to build your business and enrich your life? The Canadian Association of Women Executives and Entrepreneur’s President, Beth Parker, shares her powerful insights about how leading an Association can help you accomplish both goals.
110. The Road to Succession – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I tackle the thorny entrepreneur issue of business succession, particularly for the family-started or family-managed business. To do so, we sit down with succession guru and acclaimed author John Geddes.
109b. We announce the winner of the “Entrepreneur Be Bold” contest. We’ve had some great entries over the last few months. Listen to hear the entrepreneur that won this powerful smartphone. BTW, a new contest will begin soon…so, stay tuned.
109a. The Entrepreneur and the Netbook – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I identify critical criteria and resources to help all entrepreneurs choose the netbook that will be right for them and their business.
109. I.T. Support for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I gather tips about securing the right I.T. support with Thinkquick’s Michael Donovan. Michael has extensive experience providing I.T. advice on hardware, software and systems to companies of all sizes. See this episode’s blogpost for related notes.
108. Essential Networking Rules. Robert and I have gathered 15 tips that help meet entrepreneurs’ most critical networking goals. Also review the supporting blog that has a round-up of fast and easy networking resources.
107. **Special Interview with Maclean’s National Editor Andrew Coyne** – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I gather Andrew Coyne’s insights about entrepreneurs.
106. After the Money: Winning the Entrepreneur Lottery – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I sat down with John Loewen, CEO of a successful specialty private equity investment bank to discuss how business life changes for entrepreneurs once investment funds are acquired. See this episode’s blogpost for related notes.
105. Making the Most of Common Networking Scenarios – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I discuss with Liz Lynch how to take advantage of three very common networking situations. See this episode’s blogpost for other related notes.
104. Leveraging LinkedIn – Online Networking for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I chat with Doyle Slayton on how to cost-effectively leverage the Internet’s most popular online networking tool. See this episode’s blogpost for useful LinkedIn-related links.
103. Entrepreneurs: Get in the News! – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I chat with Gerry Nicholls — one of Canada’s media guru’s — about how to quickly and cost-effectively build relationships with media people …so that you can increase your company’s public profile.
102. Classified Information: Living the Entrepreneur Spirit Within an eBay Company – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I talk with Kijiji’s Eric Pierni about how entrepreneurship sustains one of Canada’s outstanding online success stories.
100. Cost Cutting for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I review some of the cost cutting tactics that can be implemented across the company — in the short and long term.
99. Grown Up Digital – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. We talk with international author and futurist, Don Tapscott about how entrepreneurs can ensure their business successes and leverage new opportunities by recognizing and adapting to those who have Grown Up Digital.
98. Financial Intelligence – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. We sit down with Harvard book co-author Joe Knight as he gives us insights into an essential book for every business owner and operator — Financial Intelligence for Entrepreneurs.
97. Franchising for Entrepreneurs – Live! – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. We’re official members of the Media — live on the floor at the Canadian Franchise Association Show. We get some great nuggets from three of Canada’s innovative and exciting franchisors.
96. Email Marketing for Entrepreneurs – Bootcamp Part 2 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Special guest and email guru, Matthew Vernhout, tackles in depth the critical email marketing topics that complement those covered in Email Marketing for Entrepreneurs – Bootcamp Part 1.
95. Connecting for Business Success – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest, Donna Messer, President, ConnectUs Communications Canada discusses ways of growing and connecting with members of your network.
94. Franchising for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest, Lorraine McLachlan, President & CEO of the Canadian Franchise Association shares insights about franchising trends and opportunities.
93. Email Marketing for Entrepreneurs – Bootcamp Part 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest, emailKarma.net’s Matthew Vernhout tackles the first three (of six) components necessary for any successful email marketing campaign.
92. Networking for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest, Liz Lynch, accomplished networking guru and author of Smart Networking discusses her book and tips to help every entrepreneur succeed at networking.
91. Mobile Marketing – The Ultimate Starter Kit – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest, Mickey Alam Khan, Mobile Marketer’s Editor-in-Chief, answers the questions that all entrepreneurs face when planning their mobile marketing initiatives.
90. The Long And Winding Road (to the Future) – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Robert and Andrew identify the topics that they will be exploring in upcoming episodes of the BusinessCast Podcast.
89. Greatest Hits Vol. 3 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Robert and Andrew re-cap many of the critical topics, learnings and guests from shows #67 to #88 along with related blogposts.
88. A Business Passion Play – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest Paul Chato (President of Your Web Department and member of the Canadian comedy troupe the Frantics) shares a handful of ways to re-kindle passion in your business.
87. Coming in from the Fog – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest Bruce Hunter shares insights from the most senior levels of Fortune 500 companies that are immediately applicable to all entrepreneurs.
86. Winning the Sales Fight – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest Nicole Jansen shares tips on how to overcome the most common sales objections.
85. Working for You and Your Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown – Special guest Catherine Swift talks about the important role of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business for entrepreneurs.
84. How to Find the Perfect Business Partner – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
83. Mobil-izing Your Business – The Blackberry Interviews (Part 2) – Special guest Michael Younder, Research in Motion’s senior product marketer shares thoughts about Blackberry applications and hardware with hosts Gold ‘n’ Brown.
82. Risky Business – Helping Entrepreneurs Tackle Business Risks (Part 1) – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I discuss some common business risks and tactics for dealing with them. Our special guest is John Klotz.
81. Show Me the Money! How Entrepreneurs Can Improve Cash Flow – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I review some easy-to-implement methods for keeping your cash flow healthy.
80. Talkin’ ‘Bout My Generation – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I, along with guest Robin Kennedy, talk about some of the challenges that occur when your workplace mixes different generations.
79. A Cold Call Warm-Up – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Cold calls don’t have to be scarry — if they are conducted for the right reason, at the right time, by the right people and have realistic expectations. Listen for some practical advice (also check out the related blog postings).
78. Coaching for Success – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Have you ever thought about using a business coach? Our guest Robin Kennedy provides some insights.
77. The Office. Party. – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Hosting office parties can help your business succeed. Listen to find out how.
76. When a Key Employee Leaves – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Robert and I discuss how you can make the best of this type of situation.
75. Don’t Hang Up – Mobile Marketing for Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Mobile marketing is one of the newest marketing technologies and can help if done properly.
74. Money Magnet – Interview with Author J.B. Lowen – with Gold ‘n’ Brown. Author J.B. Lowen reviews her book: Money Magnet — which has to be one of the most practical resources for entrepreneurs seeking funding at any stage of their business.
73. Part 2- Hockey Lessons for Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
72. BusinessCast Blog Review – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
71. Hockey Lessons for Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
70. 13 Steps to Perfect Public Speaking – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
69. Business Success by The Numbers – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
68. Incentives That Sell – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
67. Building Your Public Profile: The Media Kit – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
66. BusinessCast Greatest Hits – Volume 2 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
65. Gadgets That Help the Bottom Line – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
64. Blogging For Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
63. Good Deeds That Drive Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
62. Talk Yourself Into Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
61. The Perfect Pitch – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
60. Trade Your Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
59. Get New Employees Up And Running – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
58. Fine Tuning Your Business – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
57. Email Marketing For Entrepreneurs – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
56. Brochure vs. Web Site Slamdown – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
55. Feedback – Or Is It Just Noise? – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
54. Top 10 Business Start-Up Tips – with the BusinessCast Roundtable
53. Back To The Future – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
52. BusinessCast Greatest Hits Volume 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
51. How To Get The Most Out Of Your Advisors – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
50. How To Steal Your Next Customer – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
49. Steal Your Next Customer! – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
48. Corporate Gift Giving Part 2 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
47. Corporate Gift Giving Part 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
46. OMG Wow Client Service – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
45. Firing A Client Before You Get Burned – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
44. How To Achieve Business Success – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
43. The Recession Session Part 2 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
42. The Recession Session Part 1 – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
41. Your Brand – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
40. Profit Audits and More – with Gold ‘n’ Brown
20. Sales Meetings